Welcome to my humble blog!

Hello everyone.

I wish to welcome you and thank you for visiting my blog.

I hope you enjoy your visit and that you get a chance to respond to any of the posts.

I hope you have a wonderful day. God bless you.


Wednesday, October 12, 2011

INFORMATION FOR EGYPTIAN NATIONALS IN AUSTRALIA

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Chris Bowen MP, today encouraged Egyptian nationals in Australia affected by recent events in their home country to contact the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).

Mr Bowen said visa assistance was available if required to those affected by the unrest in Egypt and their cases would be treated sympathetically.

“In light of the unfolding situation in Egypt, I want to assure Egyptians in Australia that my department will take the circumstances in their home country into account when dealing with requests for visa extensions,” Mr Bowen said.

“I encourage all Egyptian nationals in Australia who are unable to fly home or are on temporary visas to contact DIAC on 131 881 as soon as possible.”

DIAC will consider on a case-by-case basis the options for Egyptians in Australia whose visas to remain here are about to expire.

No comments:

Post a Comment