Welcome to my humble blog!

Hello everyone.

I wish to welcome you and thank you for visiting my blog.

I hope you enjoy your visit and that you get a chance to respond to any of the posts.

I hope you have a wonderful day. God bless you.


Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane Irene

"5 The LORD is your keeper;
         The LORD is your shade at your right hand.
 6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
         Nor the moon by night. 
 7 The LORD shall preserve you from all evil;
         He shall preserve your soul.
 8 The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
         From this time forth, and even forevermore." (Psalm 121:5-8)

Hello everyone,

I hope that those on the East Coast of the USA are safe after Hurricane Irene. I am currently in New Jersey and this has been certainly a difficult week. On Tuesday I was at Fordham University in the Bronx, NY when the 5.8 magnitude earthquake hit. I did not feel it at all, and thank God that damage was at a minimum. Then last night and this morning and throughout all of Sunday we have been hit with Hurricane Irene. It was a very restless night not knowing when the eye of the hurricane will hit exactly. Everyone was nervously waiting and praying that it will pass without too much damage.

There has been flooding in many areas and over 11 deaths and over 3 million people left without power. The mass transit system was shut down in New York on Saturday as well as the airports. Thousands of flights were cancelled and there will be a huge backlog of people trying to board flights starting tomorrow. Even the Holland Tunnel was flooded and shut down.

Thanks be to the Lord Who is indeed our Keeper and protector at all times. Thanks to the Lord that I was able to keep safe at the Archdiocese in New Jersey. Stay safe and may the Lord protect you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment